Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tripadvisor Hotel Bookings

 


Hello, again.  My life has wandered through many holidays and mountains of snow since my last post.  Today I'm planning our summer camping adventure to California.  For those of you who mix up the hotels and camping experiences, I've just read an article that I'd like to share. 

If you'd like to know how to find a clean hotel that doesn't break the bank, read this article from About.com: http://gocalifornia.about.com/od/calodging/a/we_choose_hotel.htm.
These travel writers taught me how to use the website www.tripadvosor.com

Here is my take-away:
  1. Google your hotel and find the tripadvisor.com source for the hotel.
  2. The first line will show:
  3. The number of circles filled in - you want 3 1/2 or more. 
  4. The number of reviews - you want more than 30 reviews for the   above circles to be reliable.
  5. The average price indicated by the number of $ signs.
  6. Look for the ratings on this preview: 23 out of 108 (hotels in this city).  The lower the number, the better.
  7. If all of the above information make you feel pretty good about this hotel, click on the link and look at both the cleanliness and value ratings.


I'm feeling much more confident about booking a hotel for a couple of days in San Francisco before we rent a camper and head out to Yosemite National Park for a week!

Enjoy, Tammy

Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons