Friday, October 18, 2013

Igoogle Closing, Where To Read Blogs

 igoogle shutdown

Unbelievable!  Igoogle has been my homepage for half a decade, but igoogle will be gone in just a couple of weeks on Nov. 1.  According to artechnica.com, Google may be it's own replacement.  Huh. 

Now, I know some of you are simply pinning something from your favorite site to your Pinterest account to use as a port-hole.  I LOVE my Pinterest boards, but making a Blog Pinterest board is just not the same, or even close to the same, as an igoogle homepage.

Igoogle is how I follow my favorite blogs.  Oh, and I have a fantastic collection of blogs to read!  They are beautiful.  They are insightful.  They are a friendly way to start my day.  They show me travel destinations I'd like to see.  These blogs have adventurous, new recipes.  They share tips and tricks to fix my everyday chaos.  They are the way I become a better mom to two teens.  A better wife to my LEO hubby.

About six months ago, I signed up for Digg.  They have an import function that was super easy, and an app as well as a website.  But the website sucks.  After all the work of setting up Digg, I loathed the day I would need to start over, scouting around to find an acceptable way to view my blog collection. 

This week I found it: Bloglovin.  Now THIS is a website!  Importing my blogs from igoogle was a snap, as was adding blogs I was kinda interested in from posts on pinterest.  And, I could add my own.  You can too by clicking here:



So make the switch now to Bloglovin, or Digg if want choices.  Let me know what you think.  If you have another idea for easily following blogs, leave me a comment below.  See you soon!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11081057/?claim=vwkqdwu2ygs">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons